So the last post of the year as I will try to look back on my personal life. My achivements and things that I think are moving for the next year.
- A whole year living in Cancun, nothing like chilling next to a beautiful beach.
- Flying to New York and watching the Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, Mobb Deep, Immortal technique etc
- Starting the certification for OpenOffice.org as well as the Internships
- Building a new tech community in Cancun with Tequilla Valley
- Becoming the technical lead for OLPC Mexico and country manager for FLISOL and Software Freedom Day
- Giving some PHD classes on free software
Some goals for new year include:
- Expand the certification project to the rest of the world
- Moving back to Europe
- Going to ApacheCon and representing OpenOffice
- Consolidating a olpc group in sugar development in Cancun
- Push better quality and development community
- Finalize the OpenOffice guide and bring it up to par with the english version
- Give out a course on free software processes and environment for enterprise
- Follow the NBA and see Lebron James live game
So this is my first post after the show and have to say so far the trip has been awesome, not perfect, but awesome indeed. First of was the great GZA throwing darts after darts from the liquid swords album.
The rhymes were on point and great rhymin at the top of my longues on every song. From cold world, bible, beneath the surface and with the great Mastah Killa, Killa Priest and RZA who came to perform the 4th chamber verse.
Killa priest also rhymed some of the heavy mental tracks, Masta had some great performance. Unfortuately I couldn’t shoot a close up with my new camera. But he was around all day since he showed up for Glacier of Ice later that night.
The Cuban Linx show was a bit strange and funny with ghost getting with the staff. Saying that the mics where unbalanced and they need better lightning. Dude was so picky that even Rae asked him if he wanted a sandwich with that.
In the end however the mics did really failed with raekwon’s mic completely failing. And Ghost being beyond mad he was like, let’s just say goodbye leaving the stage for real.
Another great show was immortal technique and the dude is not only so energetic but so right when talking about people in general. He asked about drugs during peruvian cocaine, about the harlem reinassance and finally about bin laden with mos def. He also presented really great DJs like hassam and Diabolic rhyming with the crew.
Eventually the event was great, lots of walking though as the sets where pretty far from each other. After several walks we were really exahusted. My legs were killing me and even my friend was holding me for extra support during walking. But we had a great time. Loved every minute and the girls in the show were gorgeous. New York has this wild mixes of cultures and nationalities so it was seen hot asians and hot blondes and so on.
I am glad I got to do what I always wanted and can now enjoy it.
Live watching the game I have been witnessing an up and down game with tight defense at times and awful other times from the Cavs. On the Laker side it has been from strong to weak. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to record bicarbonato today thanks to this game.
Seems that the podcast we recorded on tuesday was awesome and many people have like it quite a bit. The official name end up being Cyberia ..vida online. The episode was pretty good, we had a good talk and most of the time I spent talking, but in the end the show went more dynamic. With people talk about their experience and dependency on the network.
I think as we go along making new shows we should be able to talk more about technology, development and more geeky stuff oh the web.
BTW Cavs won the game with LeBron rhyming at the end of the game 🙂