As the ideas from the meeting with IBM/Novell my brain has started to build an architecture and pre-project to put ODF on the map.Vertical systems such as OpenVista were mentioned at the ODF discuss list and again the golden word integration ring a bell. So the question will be how much money will it cost to put the top 10 applications out there make it ODF-Ready. Here are some of the ideas we can get with applications talking to OD.
- Firefox (Gecko)– making the gecko engine natively read ODF is a great idea since it will put ODF on the net and on the desktop on a transparent form.
- Apache– having a module that will parse opendocuments and also enhance security and management will make ODF be targeting to be easy for developers to support and deploy.
- MySQLMySQL database are already pretty integrated since it supports XML, we just need some new frameworks to make the ODF-like schema.
- Scribus Scribus is already one supporting ODF.
- GladeThis is really odd but exciting, imagine that your table frames become a prototype of a GTK app. UI created in glade will become documents which mantain the same visuals for both